I just got an offer from BlackRock for a summer internship...which I wouldn't have got without upReach. I have spoken to my mentor, Richard, many times - and he's given a breadth of understanding of the sector and supported me with many mock interviews. This massively improved my confidence and was so important to my success - I can't wait to be part of more upReach events!
THE INVESTMENT INDUSTRY SPRINGBOARD
Exclusively sponsored by the
What is the Investment Industry Springboard?
The Investment Industry Springboard is a structured programme of mentoring, work experience, and career events - all designed to help you secure internships and jobs in the investment industry.
- 1-to-1 professional mentoring from an expert working in the sector, who can support you with your CV and job applications
- Opportunity for hands-on work experience at leading investment firms, to gain an in-depth insight into the industry
- Exclusive career events to help you build your network and knowledge of investments, with travel and accommodation costs covered
Launched in 2019, the programme supported 100 undergraduates in its inaugural year and will now support an additional 85 in 20/21. The programme will help these students to gain the knowledge, skills and experience needed to make more competitive applications to spring insights, internships and graduate jobs in the investment industry.
The programme is possible because of our partnership with The Diversity Project, a cross-company initiative championing a more inclusive investments and savings sector.
What does the Springboard programme involve?
At the start of the programme, every undergraduate (known as upReach "Associates") is matched with a dedicated professional mentor, who is already working in investments and savings.
This mentor will support you with your personal and professional development, and, based on their own successful experiences, offer tailored advice and guidance on any job applications you're making to the industry. Mentors support Associates with:
- CV reviews and feedback
- Practice job interviews for spring weeks, internships and other career opportunities
- Practice for assessment centre days
- Goal-setting, and advice on reaching career objectives
Alongside mentoring, in your first year of the programme you will have the opportunity to participate in a series of events and work experience, designed to introduce you to the investment sector and equip you with the skills you need to make competitive job applications:
Has the Springboard programme been successful?
Undergraduates on the Investment Industry Springboard have achieved so much since the programme launched in Autumn 2019:
- 81% of students are set to complete work experience this year at an investment firm as a result of participating in the Springboard programme.
- 46% of students have already achieved additional career opportunities since the programme launched in Autumn 2019, by making successful applications to spring insights, summer internships and placement years, with the help of their mentors.
Who can take part in the Springboard programme?
Degree year: We're looking for students entering their 1st, 2nd or penultimate year of university in Autumn 2020. We are unable to accept new finalist students onto the programme.
**University:**Students from any UK university can sign up, and we currently have 37 universities represented on the programme. We will ensure that travel costs aren't a barrier to you participating in any London events.
Degree subject: We encourage students from all different degree backgrounds to sign up. There's no need to have studied a Finance or Economics degree to take part!
Interest in investments: More important than existing knowledge is that you have a real interest in the investment industry, and are eager to help others invest and save their money. upReach eligibility: Students must fit our general eligibility criteria in order to be accepted onto this programme.
How do I apply to the Programme?
Applications are now open for the Investment Industry Springboard 2020 - 2021.
Please see a summary of the application process below, and register online by clicking the image. One of the upReach team will then be in touch to let you know how to complete the next steps. Questions before applying? Reach out on Stephanie L and we can help.