Our Alumni Programme is for former upReach Associates, who automatically qualify when they graduate. Whether you have just started your first graduate job, or did so many years ago and are seeking to progress, the Alumni programme is designed with you in mind.
The programme consists of three elements:
Events - We host 3 to 4 exclusive events each year, designed to help you progress in your career, develop skills and expand networks.
Networking - As well as the Events, there are other opportunities to network during the year. Discover more in the regular Alumni Newsletter.
Giving Back - Many Alumni who have benefited from upReach’s free support choose to give back to upReach. This might be as a mentor, through making useful connections, or financially - so that we can work with even more students in the years ahead. Further details of how to get involved are shown below.
Vicissitudes of leadership and life – 29th November 2018
Personal Brand – 2nd May 2018
Social Mobility Commissioner – 18th February
Behavioural Insights – 16th August 2018
Giving Back - How to get involved
There are lots of ways that you can stay involved with upReach as an Alumni that will help us as a charity continue and expand the support we offer to students with similar backgrounds to yourself:
- Become a mentor to an existing upReach Associate interested in a career in the sector, area or company that you now work for. If you are interested please fill in our short mentor form here. If you would like more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate: A regular contribution helps upReach fund additional students on our programme. In 2018-19, donations from individuals including alumni helped us support more than 160 extra Associates. Those who donate regularly to upReach by monthly direct debit are entitled to join upReach as a Member, Supporter or Sponsor
, details of which are provided here.
- Join our LinkedIn group “upReach Alumni & Friends” here. You will benefit from the network of previous Associates and professionals who are engaged with upReach and the interesting articles we post.
- Champion our work within your own organisation. An email connecting us to your recruitment, CSR or diversity teams can lead to a partnership which helps upReach support dozens more students! See Jamal’s story to see how easy it can be.
- Volunteer at workshops and career academy masterclasses - share your knowledge, skills and experience. If you’d like to volunteer please fill in our volunteering form here.
- Provide us with an update on your current status for us to build valuable case studies or get in contact to write a blog for us. This will help us reflect the work we do to potential funders and also build our a written community of Alumni stories. Please email email@example.com
- Fundraise for upReach by taking part in challenge event activities in a sporting challenge or by hosting an event. This is fun, helps raise awareness of the work we do at upReach and contributes to the vital funds we need to keep delivering our services. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details of how we can support you.
Jamal Ud-din - Giving Back - Charity of the Year
upReach Alumnus, Jamal Ud-Din works as an Analyst at North Highland, a management consultancy. He was instrumental in upReach being selected as North Highlands Charity of the Year, in 2018.
Chirag Vadhia - Giving Back as a Mentor
After benefitting from having an upReach mentor during his time as an Associate, Chirag reflects on how it helped him in his career at HSBC and why he’s now decided to repay the favour to a current Associate by becoming a mentor.