The upReach Alumni Programme is for former upReach Associates, who become alumni when they graduate.
We understand that the complex journey of figuring out what career and profession is right for you does not end after graduating from university and securing your first job. Our Alumni programme is designed with you in mind, to support you as you enter into the world of graduate employment and beyond.
Our Alumni programme has also been created to be a place where you, as former Associates can meet up and maintain the connections, links and friendships made during your time on the programme and make new ones! We host regular Alumni events devised to be enjoyable and something that you want to attend as well as leaving you with something useful to take back, either into to the workplace or your personal life.
Unfailingly, we are continuously impressed with the career (and personal) accomplishments of our upReach Alumni and are humbled that so many of you remain engaged, still want to be involved and even perhaps help in some way. Read on to find out more about our events, what our Alumni are getting up to and how you can stay involved with upReach as an Alumni.
Vicissitudes of leadership and life – 29th November 2018
Personal Brand – 2nd May 2018
Social Mobility Commissioner – 18th February
Behavioural Insights – 16th August 2018
A partnership story from Jamal Ud-din, an upReach Alumnus
upReach Alumnus, Jamal Ud-Din works as an Analyst at North Highland, a management consultancy. He was instrumental in upReach being selected as North Highlands Charity of the Year, in 2018.
Chirag Vadhia, an Alumnus Mentoring Story
After benefitting from having an upReach mentor during his time as an Associate, Chirag reflects on how it helped him in his career at HSBC and why he’s now decided to repay the favour to a current Associate by becoming a mentor.
How to Get Involved
There are lots of ways that you can stay involved with upReach as an Alumni that will help us as a charity continue and expand the support we offer to students with similar backgrounds to yourself:
- Become a mentor to an existing upReach Associate interested in a career in the sector, area or company that you now work for. If you are interested please fill in our short mentor form here. If you would like more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join our LinkedIn group “upReach Alumni & Friends” here. You will benefit from the network of previous Associates and professionals who are engaged with upReach and the interesting articles we post.
- Champion our work within your own organisation. An email connecting us to your recruitment, CSR or diversity teams can lead to a partnership which helps upReach support dozens more students! See Jamal’s story to see how easy it can be.
- Volunteer at workshops and career academy masterclasses - share your knowledge, skills and experience. If you’d like to volunteer please fill in our volunteering form here.
- Provide us with an update on your current status for us to build valuable case studies or get in contact to write a blog for us. This will help us reflect the work we do to potential funders and also build our a written community of Alumni stories. If you are interested please contact email@example.com
- Fundraise for upReach by taking part in challenge event activities in a sporting challenge or by hosting an event. This is fun, helps raise awareness of the work we do at upReach and contributes to the vital funds we need to keep delivering our services. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details of how we can support you.
- Make a one-off or regular donation to allow more Associates to benefit from the work of upReach. Any donation means that you are directly helping to ensure that another person with a similar background to yourself is able to access our services and become an Associate.