There are many ways you can get involved and raise money to address the social mobility challenge and support less advantaged students to access the right support to secure graduate level roles in top firms. From bake sales to running marathons, there are many ways to fundraise for us, every penny counts!
If you are embarking on a sporting challenge or are looking to host an event, you can choose upReach as the charity to raise funds for.
- £350 per annum supports the cost of our personalised career support programme for each new Associate
- £100 can enable upReach to onboard and train 10 new business mentors
- £50 can cover travel expenses for an Associate to attend a Careers Academy to travel from outside the South East
With Gift Aid, we can earn an additional 25p for every £1 donated by UK taxpayers.
Here are our top tips for planning a successful fundraiser. If you would like to fundraise for us, let us know so we can provide additional guidance: contact email@example.com.
Choose your challenge
Throughout the year, there is a host of organised challenge events which you can join, or get creative and design your own! Simply nominate upReach as your chosen charity and get fundraising.
Click here to see our Challenge Events Calendar for some adventurous fundraising ideas.
The ideal choice of challenge is:
- Fun – Choose something that you’ll enjoy. If it’d be more fun in a group, persuade friends to sign up as well and fundraise as a team
- Personal – What would your network like to see you do? Get creative!
- Challenging – Far enough outside your normal activities to attract attention and gain sponsorship from your network
Challenge tip: Share your progress leading up to the day
- Give updates of your fundraising total on social media
- Share photos of yourself training for your challenge or preparing for your event
- Update your network on your total raised on the day before the challenge
Plan your event
If you’re not so sporty, consider hosting an event instead:
Launch your fundraising campaign
- Set up your online fundraising page on Virgin Money Giving, linked to the upReach fundraising page here.
- Add our video to your page to help describe the work we do. Let us know that you’re fundraising for us and we can guide you on this!
- Be sure to send a personalised thank you message to each donor
Enjoy your challenge or event!
Remember that donations may continue as you’re doing the challenge itself or afterwards, so keep the social media updates flowing throughout the event and update your network on the total when you have finished.
For more information or support, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.