For the purposes of the DPA, the data controller is upReach, CAN Mezzanine, 7 - 14 Great Dover Street, SE1 4YR.
2. Information collection and use
While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name and contact details ("Personal Information").
A. Personal Information Collection
Subject to this Policy, upReach will treat as confidential the Personal Information that it collects about you. upReach may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
(1) For potential applicants: Your name, photo, home contact information (address and telephone number), date of birth, gender, family status, educational details (including the name of your school/college and previous school(s)/college(s), A-level grades, and any education maintenance allowance details), details relating to any work experience or job that you may have had or will have (including salary information), personal interests and academic/career aspirations. We may also collect Sensitive Personal Data (as defined by the DPA) from you. This includes information about your ethnic origin and any disabilities or medical conditions you may have.
(2) For supporters, including employers, mentors, volunteers, donators and subscribers: Your name, contact information, employment information, information relating to your or your employees’ relationship with Associates and your bank or card details.
B. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
upReach may use the Personal Information listed above for the following purposes:
(1) For potential applicants: To process your application for a place as an Associate, various administrative purposes in connection with the operation of the programmes, for statistical purposes, promotional purposes, programme evaluation purposes and for the purposes of reviewing career progression.
(2) For supporters, including employers, mentors, volunteers, donators and subscribers: For the purpose of processing your information as a mentor, volunteer or potential partnership, administrative purposes in connection with the operation of our programmes, promotional purposes, programme evaluation purposes, fundraising purposes, for the purpose of keeping you up to date with our activity and sending you our newsletter. If you decide you no longer want to receive such communications, you have the option to opt-out.
3. Disclosure and international transfers of personal information
(1) For Associates: We may disclose your Personal Information or application progress to the employers at which you’ve applied, your mentors and prospective supporters.
(2) For subscribers: For the purposes of sending you our newsletters, your Personal Information will be stored on MailChimp.com, the service we use to maintain our distribution lists.
(3) For Associates and supporters, including employers, mentors, volunteers, donators and subscribers: Most of the recipients of the Personal Information that upReach collects from you will be located in the United Kingdom, however some of your Personal Information may be transferred to servers located outside of the United Kingdom for the purposes of securely storing such Personal Information. upReach has taken steps to establish appropriate data protection and information security requirements with such recipients to confirm that Personal Information is properly protected in accordance with this Policy and applicable laws. If necessary and in accordance with applicable laws, upReach may disclose Personal Information to our outside professional advisers and to other third parties that provide products or services to upReach, such as IT systems providers.
Where the processing of Personal Information is delegated to a third party data processor, such as that listed above, upReach will delegate such processing in writing, will choose a data processor that provides sufficient guarantees with respect to technical and organisational security measures governing the relevant processing and will ensure that the processor acts on our behalf and under our instructions. In addition, upReach will impose in writing appropriate data protection and information security requirements on such third party data processors.
5. Log Data
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website ("Log Data").
This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
We may use third party services such as Google Analytics to collect, monitor and analyze this in order to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the website. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual user.
6. Changes to the policy
Should upReach decide to substantially modify the manner in which it collects or uses Personal Information, the type of Personal Information that it collects or any other aspect of this Policy, the upReach will notify you as soon as possible of such changes by re-issuing a revised Policy on our website (http://upreach.org.uk).
7. Accuracy of and access to your personal information
You are entitled to access Personal Information held about you (subject to limited exceptions). In addition, you have the right to have inaccurate Personal Information corrected or removed and to object to the processing of your Personal Information. If you wish to access such Personal Information, you should apply in writing to the Chief Executive Officer of upReach at the address set out on our website (http://upreach.org.uk). We may charge you a small administrative fee to access your data (currently £20).
To assist us in maintaining accurate Personal Information, you must advise us of any changes to your Personal Information. In the event that upReach becomes aware of any inaccuracy in the Personal Information that it has recorded, the upReach will correct that inaccuracy at the earliest practical opportunity.
upReach will maintain Personal Information for as long as it is required to do so by applicable laws or for as long as necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected. upReach will delete Personal information when it is no longer needed and, in any case, upon expiration of the maximum storage term required by applicable law.
upReach maintains appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, in compliance with applicable laws.
8. Links to Other Websites and Services
Please address all questions to the Chief Executive Officer of upReach at the address set out on our website (http://upreach.org.uk).